Wednesday 30 September 2009

Monster Script Draft 1


Monster Script
Draft 1

Ms. Harper: Good morning class! I thought today we would do a fun writing activity.

Class: Awe (whiny, not waning to do it)- Lilly is seen and she does not participate in the whining.

Ms Harper: Now, now kids I mentioned it would be fun, so there is no need to panic. I want you to write about what you are most afraid of. It can be fictional or non-fictional. I am leaving that for you to decide. Say for example, if I were to write about my worst fear I would write about giant spiders attacking my house! (laughs) Anyway, get started now and you have until the end of the lesson, if you don’t finish it’s homework!

(The focus will start to go towards a little girl in the front of the room. Due to an over the shoulder shot, we can start to see what she is writing. Her first written words are “I’m not scared of spiders. I’m not even scared of ghosts. The only thing that frightens me in this world is a monster.”- Then the narration starts and we fade into a flashback.

Lilly: The monster I know isn’t like any other monster. He doesn’t live in my closet or under my bed. He doesn’t only come out at night. I don’t really understand because he says he loves me one day, and others I just hear screams. We still have fun too. But playing hide and seek isn’t the same as before. Because these days, if I lose the game, I lose sleep that night too. I know everything will be okay and the fear will go away. Besides, the monster only comes out when the bottle is out. But I’d still like to know why does he treat me so? I’ll never be mad but I still know there should be comfort at home, not pain from your dad. (As the last sentence is said, we skip to a shot of a man’s shadow hitting Lilly in a dark room)

1 Thoughts:

Barking Abbey Media Department said...

hi Klaudija and paula nd amy,

i tried t leave comments about the monster masks but it would not let me :( I wanted to say how impressive your blog is. Really glad to see you making the most of it.

So about the script. Only one comment really. As your film is mostly VO you need to add more directions throughout the VO as well as during the dialogue parts. Hope this makes sense. If not let me know!

See you on Monday !

Post a Comment