Tuesday 6 October 2009

Problem (?)

We have recently been noted by our teacher that we may need a filming permit to film in the park because it is a public place! This can cause some major problems for us because some very important scenes in the film take place in the park...the field behind our school is merely but a substitute..

So I researched about who to contact regarding this matter. I looked on the main Barking & Dagenham Borough website and found some useful information about filming in these two boroughs. It had some great locations where film makers are welcome to come and use with the proper planning. However I did not see anything about permits. So I emailed the main person whose name was always used as if there were any more questions/concerns about filming in Barking & Dagenham. I sent Geoff Smith this nice little email:

Dear Geoff Smith,


I am a student at Barking Abbey School in Barking. I am currently doing my A2 Coursework for Media Studies. For the coursework we are instructed to create a 5 minute film. However some of our shots are needed to be filmed off the school grounds in a nearby park- Mayesbrook Park. I was wondering if we would need a filming permit from the city council for such a small project. We would only need to use the location for about 6 hours.

If you could get back to me as soon as possible I would really appreciate it.

Klaudija Alasauskaite



So far I have not gotten a reply back from him. However, fingers crossed everything will be okay!

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment